Re: Formatting Engines

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:22:17AM -0400, Cindy Hunt wrote:

> I have heard RenderX's XEP product mentioned a lot and I was
> wondering if any of you more seasoned XSL-FO developers could tell me
> what the advantages of using it are.

I don't think there is any mystery. XEP is a more mature
product, supporting more of the XSL FO spec than FOP. That
is not to say that FOP will not one day  implement all
the missing bits, but as of now XEP is definitely
more production-ready. XEP and Antenna House formatters
are the leading implementations, and are unfortunately
both commercial. However, they also both give access
to versions you can use to assess them, so you can try
them without commitment.