Re: Beginner's font question

From: David Neumann <dneumann@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:47:27 -0800
Cc: "'www-xsl-fo@w3c.org'" <www-xsl-fo@w3c.org>
To: Kevin Flynn <kevin.flynn@birdstep.com>
I had to do something like this recently but for bar code TTF
fonts.  In my case I didn't put the xml file in any special
place. I just specified a full path for the xml file like you did
for the ttf file.

I also discovered that not all TTFs are equal even though they
may successfully result in generated xml files. Several of the
fonts I tried just didn't render at all while others rendered
fine. Unfortunately for me the ones that rendered fine were
commercial and cost $ while the free ones I found seemed to have
flaws.