Re: page break

Emmanuel Dupouy <Emmanuel.Dupouy@valtech.fr> writes:

> The reports is composed of different blocks that could be bigger
> than a page. In this case I would like to add a message at the
> bottom of the page and another one on the top of the following page.

I'm not sure why you need to do this, given that you can't have a
block that's continued anywhere but on the next page (or can you?)

> In fact I  would like to catch the page break event and write something a
> this moment.
> Do you think it is possible to do this with xsl:fo.

AFAIK you can't "catch the break event" other than getting the page
number using fo:page-number.

> Another question is how could I know the total page number. I would like to
> put it on the bottom of each page like this : 2/30 - 3/30...

I never did it but something like putting a fo:page-marker at the very
end of your flow and referencing it on every page should do the trick.

> I wonder if it is possible too because the processor instantiate pages on
> the flow.

I guess that markers, like with footnotes, could cause interesting
non-converging behaviour in formatters.

> This message and any attachments are Valtech property and may contain
> iconfidential information intended solely for the addressees. If your are
> not the intended recipient of this message or if you have received it
> uncomplete or altered, please notify the author by replying to his e-mail
> immediately. Any unauthorised use, diffusion or dissemination not
> expressly authorised by us in writing is strictly prohibited.

Will you sue me for having replied to this message? And what does
'iconfidential' mean? ;-)