Re: text-indent/last-line-end-indent and nested block-level FOs

[Forget what I said and drawn earlier today. I had the wrong picture
in mind, although my comment about where text-indent starts from was
still appropriate].

I support Arved's view (although I will submit the matter to the
Working Group). My reading of section 4.7.2 Line-building, item 5 [1]
is that a block area will have as children a collection of block-areas
and in-line area. The definition of text-indent is about the first
line-area in the block, which is formed by the inline area children of
that block (including fo:characters).

"Nilsson, Peter" <pni@sorman.se> writes:

> What concerns me is something like: ...

That doesn't seem to be of a particular concern to me.

> This, ofcourse, can be generalized to "What is the nth line of a block?".
> This is important when we talk about orphans/widows. Are line areas from
> descendants counted when we determine how many areas to keep together?

I am pretty sure that the answer is no. But again I'll check.

Max.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice4.html#area-linebuild