RE: [XSCD] What is the status of XSCD? (Schema Components Designators)

At 10:51 AM +0800 2008-05-23, Simon.Cox@csiro.au wrote:
>I don't think we are talking about the same thing, unless I've missed
>something.
>
>I want the spec that describes how schema components are identified. The
>2005 draft http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-ref/ describes an XPointer
>scheme xscd()
>
>The link you provide is for the definitions of the built-in types in the
>XML Schema language.
>
>Am I being dense?

No.  I missed.  My apologies.  Must have been too late at night when I
replied.

SCDs, I believe, got back-burnered while the WG is working hard to get
the LCWDs for both Datatypes and Structures, without which the WG might
fold.  AFAIK, SCDs is still alive, but in stasis.  I specialize in the
Datatypes spec, so I can't be taken as authorative for SCDs.

My apologies.
--
Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!