Re: [2E PER] Attribute Wildcards: numbering problem

"Michael Kay" <mhk@mhk.me.uk> writes:

> In the proposed second edition of Schema Part 1, in section 3.4.2 (XML
> Representation of Complex Type Definitions), in the definition of the
> property {attribute wildcard}, there are two rules numbered 3.2.1.
>
> The second such rule is preceded by the phrase "The value is then determined
> by the appropriate case among the following"; but there is only one
> following case. There seems to be an "otherwise" case missing.

This has been fixed, and now appears as given below.  The numbering
has been corrected, and the final clause (3.2.2.2) is a new addition
to address the other point you made.  Please let us know if you feel
the Working Group has satisfactorily addressed your comment, for which
we thank you!

  3.2 If the <extension> alternative is chosen, then

      3.2.1 [Definition:] let the base wildcard be defined as the
            appropriate case among the following:

            3.2.1.1 If the type definition ·resolved· to by
                    the ·actual value· of the base [attribute] is a
                    complex type definition with an {attribute
                    wildcard}, then that {attribute wildcard}.

            3.2.1.2 otherwise ·absent·.

      3.2.2 The value is then determined by the appropriate case
            among the following:

            3.2.2.1 If the ·base wildcard· is non-·absent·,
                    then the appropriate case among the following:

                    3.2.2.1.1 If the ·complete wildcard· is
                              ·absent·, then the ·base wildcard·.

                    3.2.2.1.2 otherwise a wildcard whose {process
                              contents} and {annotation} are those of
                              the ·complete wildcard·, and whose
                              {namespace constraint} is the
                              intensional union of the {namespace
                              constraint} of the ·complete wildcard·
                              and of the ·base wildcard·, as defined
                              in Attribute Wildcard Union (§3.10.6).

            3.2.2.2 otherwise (the ·base wildcard· is ·absent·) the
                    ·complete wildcard·

ht
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk