Re: comments on Proposed Edited Recommendation for XML Schema Second Edition

"Eric J. Schwarzenbach" <Eric.Schwarzenbach@wrycan.com> writes:

> My comments relate to
>
> http://www.w3c.org/TR/2004/PER-xmlschema-1-20040318/#rcase-MapAndSum
>
> I'd like to request that
>
> rcase-MapAndSum.2 be rephrased to make it more readable. There are a
> number of places in the these documents that suffer the same sort of
> human-parseability problems but this sentence is particularly
> egregious.

The Working Group has decided to take no action on this comment _in
the proposed Second Edition_.  The Working has, however, also
committed to a substantial revision of the approach to the statement
of constraints and rules in version 1.1 of the XML Schema
specification, which should appear soon.  Indeed the particular
constraint you point to will be completely replaced at that time.

Please let us know if this response, albeit not specifically in line
with your request, is none-the-less acceptable to you.

Thanks for your input,

ht
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk