Re: XML schema draft comments: pt.1 3.15.2 editorial - "none" used as plural

At 12:17 PM -0400 040616, Daniel Barclay wrote:
>Regarding the draft at
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/PER-xmlschema-1-20040318/:
>

>Section 3.15.2 says:
>
>   Note that none of the attribute information items displayed
>   above correspond directly to properties of schemas.
>
>That should say "none...corresponds" ("none" is singular).

Guess it depends how you were taught.  I was taught "none" was
plural, and using singular verbs with it always causes me to
trip while reading.  Saying "none correspond" is the same as
saying "all do not correspond"--that's the way I was taught.
--
Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!

davep@iit.edu