Re: lexical value of decimal type

From: K.Kawaguchi <k-kawa@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:16:16 -0800
To: "Ashok Malhotra" <petsa@us.ibm.com>
Cc: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Thank you for your response.

> If so, by applying a rule (the fracional part is zero, the period and
> following zeroes can be omitted), "" is also a valid decimal, which
> means 0. Is this correct?   AM>> No, that is not valid.

So what did I miss?   Or rather, what is the spec missing?

All I did was to follow what was written in the spec.

The following BNF is my understanding of valid lexical value of decimal
type. Is there anything wrong with this?

decimal :=  sign? digit+ ( '.' digit* )?
decimal :=  sign? '.' digit+

digit  := [0-9]

regards,
K.Kawaguchi