RE: Part 2: Datatypes

From: Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:05:57 -0700
To: "'Biron,Paul V '" <Paul.V.Biron@kp.org>, Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com>, "''www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org' '" <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
Paul,

I think its a very ambiguous and roundabout sentence. How about:

"For all atomic types other than "string" and "normalizedString", whiteSpace
is "collapse" and cannot be changed by the schema author through type
restriction." Or some such. It points out the only two atomic types where
whiteSpace is not set to "collapse".

Jeff