Re: namespaces and schemaLocation

Martin Gudgin wrote:

> The issue of local vs global scope ( sub elements in 'no namespace' vs sub
> elements in explicit namespace ) is an interesting one.

I don't believe this is the way "locally scoped" and "global" are used
in Structures, e.g. the 3.3 component and prose description.  ("Local"
itself tends to be used only for the "local part" of a QName, which is
s different sense of locality, including what we would call "global"
element names!)

The scope property ("global", or a complex type definition) is
orthogonal to the targetNamespace property - either scope may be
combined with a namespace URI, or "absent" (no namespace).  Or
at least that is my understanding.

Maybe we need to have some schema-ig discussion and reach
agreement before publishing more replies to schema-comments.

Thanks,

  David