Re: namespaces and schemaLocation

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:12:19 +0100
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>

<SNIP>
> The phrase "in no namespace" has often seemed to be a source of
> confusion, and I'd suggest it might be avoided in developing
> tutorial material.

[MJG]
I've been back and forth on this and at various times in my life have used

1.    'in no namespace'
2.    'in the namespace whose namespace URI is the empty string'
3.    'locally scoped'

On balance I prefer 3 because it accurately describes the situation; the
only way to interpret what you have is to look at the scope it occurs in.

This was the sense I was trying to convey in my brief missive, sorry if it
didn't come across clearly.

Martin Gudgin
DevelopMentor