Re: Note on DTD-related questions

Dan wrote:
>MURATA Makoto wrote:
snip
>> I had a look at your www site, but have not been able find an example of
>> schemata containing more than one vocabulary.  What is the schema for
>> your example "xhtml-mathml-ex.html"?
>
>There are two namespaces, and two schema documents:
>	http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/html-renamed
>	http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/mathml-renamed
>
>The schema I intend to use to validate xhtml-mathml-ex.html
>is the union of the schema components represented in those
>two schema documents.

I very much would like to see "the union", since I have no ideas
about it.  I strongly doubt that XML Schema is simply unable to
capture it thus failing to provide a basis for the XHTML family.

> [... no comment on the good question about requirements just now...]

In my understanding, you are updating the requirement document.
It would be very nice if (1) the updated requirement document states
this issue, (2) the HTML WG agrees on your description of the issue,
and (3) your example (and "the union") is published as a solution.

MURATA Makoto