Re: Note on DTD-related questions

MURATA Makoto wrote:

> Dan,
>
>  >That seems like a hasty conclusion. I have been working
>  >on the details of various modularization issues
>  >(in http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/), and I have
>  >not found any of them to be insurmountable. I am
>  >pretty close to being able to convert the XHTML DTD modules
>  >to schema syntax by machine.
>
> I had a look at your www site, but have not been able find an example of
> schemata containing more than one vocabulary.  What is the schema for
> your example "xhtml-mathml-ex.html"?

There are two namespaces, and two schema documents:
	http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/html-renamed
	http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04schema-hacking/mathml-renamed

The schema I intend to use to validate xhtml-mathml-ex.html
is the union of the schema components represented in those
two schema documents.

I ran into a few simple bugs in my schema documents, some of
which exposed XSV bugs/limitations... see:

XSV only finds some schemas? Dan Connolly (Wed, Jun 14 2000)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2000Jun/0019.html

crash... bug in XSV attributeGroups code? Dan Connolly (Tue, Jun 13
2000)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2000Jun/0017.html

[... no comment on the good question about requirements just now...]

>  >If a langauge designer intends that sort of weak contract,
>  >they can express it using <any/>, no?
>
> No.  Murray might want to allow a single preface element and allot

Restricting the contents of the preface element can be done
by delcaring the preface element appropriately and
and using <any ... processContents="strict/">, I think.

I'm not sure how to express the "only one preface element"
constraint off hand.

tel:+1-913-491-0501 (office phone as of 27 Apr 2000)
mailto:connolly.pager@w3.org?subject=pls%20call%20+1-NNN-NNN-NNNN