Re: XLink 1.1: "XML document" undefined

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:23:27 +0100
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org

* Norman Walsh wrote:
>| XML 1.2/2.0 documents,
>
>Why should XLink make more explicit reference to this possibility than
>other specifications that use XML?

Evolution.

>| documents
>| that violate MUST requirements in XML 1.0 without causing fatal errors,
>
>Are there any?

Yes.

>No, I don't think it would, but the Core WG couldn't really tell what
>your question was.

I want "Any linkbase specified as the ending resource of an arc with
this special value must be an XML document" to be rephrased such that
I can easily derive an algorithm from the definition that would tell
whether some XLink markup meets the constraint, e.g. to add support
for XLink 1.1 to the W3C Markup Validator.