Re: XLink 1.1: Charmod conformance

* Norman Walsh wrote:

>|>In what way, and how can you tell?
>|
>| It does not require content to conform to Charmod as required in section
>| 2 of charmod
>
>XLink predates the publication of Charmod and it's not clear to me
>that adding a normative statement about conformance to Charmod is
>within our charter.

I would appreciate if you could get clarification from some suitable
entity then, I would assume W3C Management or the Advisory Board can
provide valuable guidance as to whether W3C Technical Reports should
conform to W3C's core architectural specifications and how to avoid
ambiguity in charters relative to this.

>| and C014 is violated due to adopting RFC 3987, for example.
>
>Use of IRIs makes a document not conformant with Charmod?

Strange, no? A response from the XML Core Working Group to e.g.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Dec/0061.html would
be appreciated, btw.