Re: XLink 1.1: Animation

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:25:40 +0100
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org

* Norman Walsh wrote:
>A quick review of the SMIL spec lead me to conclude that SMIL provides
>a framework to describe what information items are animatable. In
>particular if a SMIL application uses the "animate" element to
>describe theh xlink:title attribute as animatable, then presumably it
>is.

No, SMIL defines in detail which SMIL-defined attributes are animatable
and which are not, other specifications like SVG do the same. In order
to make a XML+XLink+SMIL user agent one needs to know which of the XLink
attribute are animatable and which are not. I'm probably fine if XLink
host languages, should there be such a thing, are allowed to override
this, but this needs to be defined.