XML 1.1 CR comment response for Carlisle-01

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:05:15 -0500
To: davidc@nag.co.uk
Cc: www-xml-blueberry-comments@w3.org

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-blueberry-comments/2002Oct/0009.html
the XML Core WG generated, discussed, and resolved the follow issue:

Issue Carlisle-01:
requirement to report non-normalization

Summary resolution: explained

Response
--------
Regarding:
  [the] requirement to report [non-normalized input] doesn't ensure that the
  application won't stop does it?

The XML spec says nothing about what (non-XML processor) applications do.
========

Please let us know whether you accept our resolution of our comment,
or wish to have an objection formally recorded.  If we do not hear
from you within 10 days we will assume that you accept our response
(though we would prefer to hear from you in any case if practical).

Thank you for your interest in the XML 1.1.

Paul Grosso
for the XML Core WG