XML 1.1 CR comment response for Carlisle-02

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:07:11 -0500
To: davidc@nag.co.uk
Cc: www-xml-blueberry-comments@w3.org

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-blueberry-comments/2002Oct/0009.html
the XML Core WG generated, discussed, and resolved the follow issue:

Issue Carlisle-02:
several unclear "shoulds"

Summary resolution: explained

Response
--------
The two "shoulds" you mention are meant in the RFC 2119 sense. We plan to
add a definition of "should" and in fact RFC-2119-ize the spec for both the
Third Edition and XML 1.1.
========

Please let us know whether you accept our resolution of our comment,
or wish to have an objection formally recorded.  If we do not hear
from you within 10 days we will assume that you accept our response
(though we would prefer to hear from you in any case if practical).

Thank you for your interest in the XML 1.1.

Paul Grosso
for the XML Core WG