Re: ASF based XKISS Service running

From: Berin Lautenbach <berin@wingsofhermes.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:22:02 +1000
To: jose.kahan@w3.org
CC: "www-xkms@w3.org" <www-xkms@w3.org>

Jose Kahan wrote:

>>The service is fairly simple, and is based on the ASF xml-security-c
>>library for reading and generating XKMS messages.  It supports (via
>>various URLs) HTTP, SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2
>

> Thanks for the heads-up. Do you want me to include your server to the
> interop wbs form?

That would be fantastic - thanks.

>>Within the ASF library (and thus downloadable if you feel like checking
>>out the latest CVS from the ASF) there is also a client tool (xklient)
>>that I have been using to generate requests to the service.
>

> Can this client be cited as another XKMS client, like Guillermo's? Or is
> more an XKMS message generator than a client?

I'd hesitate to call it a client in the true sense - but it will
generate a X-KISS message, send it to the indicated server and parse
(and dump the details to stdout) the response message.

The reason I'd hesitate to currently call it a true client is it's not
something that can be directly linked into an application to allow the
app to simply say "Check this key".

> If it's a client, does it provides X-KISS and X-KRSS support?

Currently X-KISS.  Working on XKRSS.