Re: ASF based XKISS Service running

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:03:03 +0200
To: Berin Lautenbach <berin@wingsofhermes.org>
Cc: www-xkms@w3.org

Hello Berin,

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:22:02PM +1000, Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> >Thanks for the heads-up. Do you want me to include your server to the
> >interop wbs form?
>
> That would be fantastic - thanks.

Done. Tell me when it manages to do X-KRSS and I'll update the
description text.

> >Can this client be cited as another XKMS client, like Guillermo's? Or is
> >more an XKMS message generator than a client?
>
> I'd hesitate to call it a client in the true sense - but it will
> generate a X-KISS message, send it to the indicated server and parse
> (and dump the details to stdout) the response message.
>
> The reason I'd hesitate to currently call it a true client is it's not
> something that can be directly linked into an application to allow the
> app to simply say "Check this key".

I understand. I'm updating the Activity statement and I wanted to
mention how many clients / servers are participating in the interop
and am having a hard time doing so for the clients. I have problems
to categorize the clients as clients or as toolkits or as specific
things done for the interop testing.

I'll send a follow-up mail shortly.

-jose