Espressions of Interest for Proposed AAAI Spring Symposium Series on Semantic Web Services

From: Terry R. Payne <trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:39:15 +0100
To: <www-ws@w3.org>, <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>, "'Semantic Web Services Language Committee'" <swsl-committee@daml.org>, <daml-services@daml.org>, <agents@cs.umbc.edu>, <agentcities@fipa.org>, <ontology@fipa.org>
Cc: "Katia Sycara" <Katia.Sycara@cs.cmu.edu>, <sam@ksl.Stanford.EDU>, "'Lassila Ora \(NRC/Boston\)'" <ora.lassila@nokia.com>, "Keith S. Decker" <ksd@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
[Apologies for cross-posting]

Together with Keith Decker, Ora Lassila, Sheila McIlraith and Katia
Sycara, I am submitting a workshop proposal entitled "Semantic Web
Services" to the 2004 AAAI Spring Symposium Series, at Stanford, March
22-24,2004.

The scope would broadly include (but not be limited to) the following
issues:

*	Knowledge Representation for Semantic Web Services
*	DAML-S services
*	Semantics in Agent Communication Languages
*	Semantic-based Agent/Service Discovery
*	Semantic-based Agent/Service Composition
*	Semantics for service delegation and knowledge aggregation
*	Semantic interoperation between agents and services
*	The use of semantics in agent and service communication
*	Architectures for supporting Semantic Web Services
*	Semantic Grid services
*	Service enactment/invocation frameworks
*	Supporting ontologies for semantic web services
*	Semantic Web Service Security
*	Service Negotiation
*	.

If you would be interested in attending such a workshop and/or
submitting a paper, please let me know as soon as you can since the
workshop proposal deadline is April 21st and I would need to include a
list of potential participants. Obviously, having more people interested
would increase the chances of the workshop proposal being accepted.
Please remember that this is not a commitment to attending - just an
indication of your interest and potential participation.

So, if you are potentially interested in participating in the workshop
either as a speaker or an attendee, please e-mail me at
trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk

If you know of anybody else who would be interested in attending the
Workshop and/or presenting their work there, please let us know.

Thank you.
        Terry Payne

Terry R. Payne, PhD.      |
<http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~trp/index.html>
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~trp/index.html
University of Southampton | Voice: +44(0)23 8059 8343 [Fax: 8059 2865]
Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK | Email: terry@acm.org / trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk