operation vs service parameter

From: Thomi Pilioura <thomi@di.uoa.gr>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:26:39 +0300
To: <www-ws@w3.org>

Hi all,

I want to create a loan application service which enable a customer to apply
for a loan and get a notification whether his/her application was accepted
or not. I would like to describe the various instances of the service using
DAML-S, in order to enable  the customer to search for a loan application
service that provides a specific type of loans (e.g. consumer loans) with
the best interest rate. What is the best approach for doing this: (i)adding
two operations getLoanType and getInterestRate or (ii)extending DAML-S in
order to provide two additional service parameters (LoanType, InterestRate)
in the ServiceProfile?

Thank you in advance,
TP