Re: SOAP services as database query interfaces / SOAP design patterns?

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:21:24 +0100
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, <www-ws@w3.org>

I wrote:

> But of course, no PIs in SOAP, and no lower-level mechanism to associate
> stylesheets with documents. So take this as a thought experiment.

before actually checking the spec.

"A SOAP message SHOULD NOT contain processing instruction information
items. A SOAP receiver MUST ignore processing instruction information
items in SOAP messages that it receives."

I guess that we can consider a browser to not be a receiver ("A SOAP
node that accepts a SOAP message"), since it is not a SOAP node, as it
does not "perform processing according to the SOAP processing model".

Are we safe?

Max.