Re: LocationTemplate-1G totally hosed ;-)

Jonathan Marsh wrote:
> I found this in the SOAP spec:
>
> If the http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/features/action/Action property has a
> value at a SOAP sender utilizing a binding supporting this feature, the
> sender MUST use the property value as the value of the action parameter in
> the media type designator. [1]
>
> So to answer my own question, I think there's a pretty strong implication
> that the Content-Type header should be set to application/soap+xml, and
> include the action parameter, when the soap-response mep is used and the
> action is specified, for instance in MessageTest-4G:

I agree with the implication and think it makes a lot of sense, although
I am unclear about the MAY/SHOULD/MUST state of the implication.

>   <operation ref="tns:EchoString2"
>     wsoap:mep="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/mep/soap-response/"
>     wsoap:action="http://example.org/message-test/action/EchoString2">
>
> FWIW, (and after I'd concluded the above) I found that Axis2 currently
> inserts the media type with action as above, although as of now it doesn't
> correctly dispatch using the action in this case.

Canon and Axis2 implementations seem to have the same behaviour on this
one :)
Should we add an assertion in the exchange test-suite checking that if
content-type is set in the GET request,
it must be application/soap+xml and action value equal to the specified
value ?