When does {safety} appear?

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 07:04:40 -0700
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
The wsdlx:safe extension is optional "extension MAY be used", but adds
the "REQUIRED" {safety} property.  The property has a default value of
"false".

>From this I assume that an implementation that supports the extension
will always have the safety property present, regardless of whether
wsdlx:safe appears in the WSDL.

I ask because the Woden interchange results don't seem to add the
property unless the attribute appears in the WSDL -- which is entirely
reasonable, and what I also prefer.  Namely, the absence of the property
should clearly be equivalent to the value "false".

I think the simple fix is to make the property OPTIONAL and remove the
defaulting to "false".  Then, if the attribute doesn't appear, the
property will be absent.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.
html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#safety

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com
<mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com>   ][  http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes
<http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes>   ]