Re: When does {safety} appear?

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:39:47 -0400
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
+1

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
05/24/2006 10:04 AM

<www-ws-desc@w3.org>
cc

Subject
When does {safety} appear?

The wsdlx:safe extension is optional ?extension MAY be used?, but adds the
?REQUIRED? {safety} property.  The property has a default value of
?false?.

>From this I assume that an implementation that supports the extension will
always have the safety property present, regardless of whether wsdlx:safe
appears in the WSDL.

I ask because the Woden interchange results don?t seem to add the property
unless the attribute appears in the WSDL -- which is entirely reasonable,
and what I also prefer.  Namely, the absence of the property should
clearly be equivalent to the value ?false?.

I think the simple fix is to make the property OPTIONAL and remove the
defaulting to ?false?.  Then, if the attribute doesn?t appear, the
property will be absent.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#safety

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com  ][