Re: Two comments and a question on the WSDL HTTP Binding Extension

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 13:10:09 +0200
To: vdv@dyomedea.com
Cc: WS-Description WG <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Dear Eric,

you raised an issue at [1] that we recorded as WSDL CR issue 52 [2]. If
we understand it correctly, you request that the HTTP binding should be
able to use only a part of the actual message as payload.

This issue was discussed in our teleconference (see minutes [3]) and we
agreed that you present a new use case that was not considered for
WSDL 2.0. As we are now in the Candidate Recommendation stage, we cannot
easily consider new use cases, so we intend not to address your use case
in WSDL 2.0. However, it may be addressed in a future version or in an
additional extension.

Please let us know if you disagree with our intention.

Best regards,

Jacek Kopecky
on behalf of the WS-Description WG

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2006May/0004.html