Re: Message Exchange Patterns State Diagrams

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:19:10 -0500
To: "Patric Fornasier" <patric.fornasier@gmail.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

Nice diagrams. However, viewing the interactions as State Diagrams is a
little abstract. I think it is clearer to show the interactions using UML
Sequence Diagrams. Any chance you could draw those?

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Patric Fornasier" <patric.fornasier@gmail.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
12/14/2006 11:15 PM

Message Exchange Patterns State Diagrams

A few days ago I implemented the Message Exchange Patterns described
in the WSDL specification.

To make sure I understood the patterns and in order to document how I
implemented them, I drew a state diagram for each pattern. Each state
diagram represents one MEP from the perspective of one service.

The diagrams can be accessed through my blog at

Please let me know if you find any errors or if you want to use the
diagrams (so I can send you the src file).