Re: Message Exchange Patterns State Diagrams

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:19:10 -0500
To: "Patric Fornasier" <patric.fornasier@gmail.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Patric,

Nice diagrams. However, viewing the interactions as State Diagrams is a
little abstract. I think it is clearer to show the interactions using UML
Sequence Diagrams. Any chance you could draw those?

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Patric Fornasier" <patric.fornasier@gmail.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
12/14/2006 11:15 PM

www-ws-desc@w3.org
cc

Subject
Message Exchange Patterns State Diagrams

Hi,

A few days ago I implemented the Message Exchange Patterns described
in the WSDL specification.

To make sure I understood the patterns and in order to document how I
implemented them, I drew a state diagram for each pattern. Each state
diagram represents one MEP from the perspective of one service.

The diagrams can be accessed through my blog at
http://patforna.blogspot.com/2006/12/wsdl-mep-state-machines.html

Please let me know if you find any errors or if you want to use the
diagrams (so I can send you the src file).

Cheers,
patric