RE: Yahoo! WebService WSDL

Michael,

Thanks for your interest in WSDL 2.0.  In regard to your chicken-and-egg
problem, that is part of the process this Working Group goes through to
produce a finished spec. We're in "Last Call" stage which means we're
responding to public comments and making corresponding fixes in the WSDL
2.0 spec.  After that we enter "Candidate Recommendation" phase which we
use to resolve our own chicken-and-egg dilemma - verifying the spec
through implementation while maintaining a stable enough spec to
implement.  Part of that phase will likely be some early WSDL 2.0 tools
and other implementations.  This process gradually shifts the balance
from spec to implementations, and the end goal we all hope for is a
solid, stable, implementable spec and lots of high-quality
implementations.  We're just not at the end of that process yet.

- Jonathan