Re: Yahoo! WebService WSDL

Michael Salisbury wrote:

>So I've come here in hopes of breaking the stalemate.  How would you
>recommend we produce and maintain WSDL specs for our services?  Are
>there tools for generating and verifying such specs?  Are there tools
>for creating client stubs for calling services with WSDL specs?
>Remember, these are HTTP REST APIs, not SOAP.

If you're looking at using only wsdl 2.0, I don't know there a lot of
tools out there.  I know the Axis 2 people have started on some Java
stuff to parse WSDL 2.0, but I don't think they have any stub generation
yet.

For my /SOAP/ serivces which have a WSDL 1.1 descriptor, I select
several tools (say .NET, Axis, etc), generate stubs and write tests
which use my service. I would recommend the same, but their are very few
tools if any that handle WSDL 2.0/REST at this point.  A WSDL 2.0
description for Yahoo, while neato, doesn't seem very useful to me
yet... If you really wanted client stub generation for your users, you'd
be best off making some kind of WSDL 1.1/SOAP gateway IMO :-\.

 - Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions LLC