Clarification for wsdl:required attribute needed

From: Yalcinalp, Umit <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:27:57 +0200
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Folks,

In review of the draft, it is not clear to me what we are assuming with
respect to the presence of an extension in WSDL without using
wsdl:required attribute.

Do we assume that it is optional (i.e. wsdl:required="false"), or is it
undefined? In reading the section about mandatory extensions, it seems
that such extensions are assumed to be optional (since they are
definitely NOT marked with wsdl:required attribute and considered to be
non-mandatory per that section). If this is the semantics, I propose
that we include a clarification that the default value for the
wsdl:required attribute is false and extensions that appears in a WSDL
document are considered to be marked to be optional. If that is not the
intended semantics, I would like to know what it means to put an
extension in WSDL, not mark it required optional/required and what would
that tertiary logic implies?

If I have missed a discussion and resolution on this, a pointer to the
resolution will be appreciated.

Thanks,

--umit