W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > April 2005

RE: Agenda, 28 April 2005 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:09:59 -0700
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A50751993E@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

One more administrivia addition: Republication of SOAP 1.1 Binding note.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org]
> On Behalf Of Jonathan Marsh
> Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:06 PM
> To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
> Subject: Agenda, 28 April 2005 WS Desc telcon
> 
> 
> 0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:
> 
> See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and
> other
> information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.
> 
> If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
> before the start of the telcon.
> 
> [.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Apr/0037.html
> [.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
> [.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> Agenda
> 
> 1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
>       Youenn Fablet, Jean-Jacques Moreau, Anish Karmarkar,
>       Jeff Mischkinsky, Charlton Barreto, Asir Vedamuthu, Ugo Corda,
>       Jacek Kopecky, Allen Brookes, Roberto Chinnici
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 2.  Approval of minutes:
>   - April 14 telcon [.1]
>   - April 21-22 FTF [.2, .3] and summary [.4]
> 
> [.1]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/att-
> 0075/2005041
> 4-ws-desc-minutes.html
> [.2]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/att-
> 0162/2005042
> 1-ws-desc-minutes.html
> [.3]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/att-
> 0162/2005042
> 2-ws-desc-minutes.html
> [.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0162.html
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 3.  Review of Action items [.1].
> DONE [.5] 2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal and email it
>                       to the list as a response to the objection,
>                       due 2005-04-20.
> ?*        2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the test suite for
>                       the purpose of interoperability testing,
>                       due 2005-04-13.
> ?*        2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text for
>                       the editors (LC18), due 2005-04-13.
> ?*        2005-03-10: Bijan will look at item Editors to move App C to
>                       RDF Mapping spec to see if it is still relavant,
>                       due 2005-04-13.
> ?*        2005-03-31: Marsh to take on (or recommend closing) Bijan's
> AI
>                       to produce a component/property table via XSLT,
>                       due 2005-04-28.
> ?*        2005-03-31: Kevin to fix editorial POST/GET and safety
> edits,
>                       due 2005-04-13.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Arthur to review primer sec 4.1 for correctness,
>                       due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Kevin to add inheritance example to primer sec
> 5,
>                       due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Kevin to do outbound interface example in
> primer,
>                       due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: kliu will send comment (Section 6.4) to list as
>                       editorial issue, due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Hugo to check (Section 6.6) for correctness,
>                       due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: GlenD to check scoping (Section 7.2) references,
>                       due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: kliu to note issue (Section 7.9), due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Hugo fix type thing and look at rest for
>                       consistency in DaveO's examples at
>                       .../wsdl20-primer.html#reservationDetails_HTTP
> and
>                       .../wsdl20-primer.html#reservationList_HTTP_GET,
>                       due ?
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Hugo to establish RDDL docs, due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Pauld to craft, publish Common Schema structures
>                       to WG for review for publication as WG Note,
>                       due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Hugo to take action to check with Henry if
> accept
>                       our resolution, due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Hugo to continue to look at IRI style/URI style,
>                       due ?. (LC74a)
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Asir to provide modified text of section 4.2 to
>                       editors, due ? (LC120)
> DUE?      2005-04-21: Tom to provide additional text to section 7,
>                       part 1, wsdlLocation, due ?. (LC59d)
> DUE?      2005-04-22: Jonathan to ask WS-Addressing to ensure that
> they
>                       clearly specify overriding of the fault
>                       destination, due ?. (LC76a)
> DUE?      2005-04-22: Glen to send a response for LC89e, due ?.
> DUE?      2005-04-22: Amy to define propogation, due ?. (LC76b)
> DONE [.4] 2005-04-22: Hugo to investigate HTTP binding and determine
>                       whether address is optional, due ?. (LC62a)
> DUE?      2005-04-22: Marsh to ask WS-A to review primer re: endpoint
>                       references, and to ask them for any advice about
>                       how to describe EPRs to the end of identifying
>                       which interface and/or binding are referenced
> just
>                       from examining the description, due ?. (LC117)
> DUE?      2005-04-22: Umit to write an alternate proposal, due ?
> (LC117)
> 
> DUE?      2005-04-22: Amy to provide examples for the advanced section
>                       of the primer. Amy to send them to Kevin and
> test
>                       materials to Arthur, due ?. (LC61c)
> DUE?      2005-04-22: Arthur to investigate the Schema Designators and
>                       come back with a proposal, due ?. (LC64)
> DUE?      2005-04-22: Amy to investigate a solution, due ? (LC74c)
> 
> Outstanding editorial work:
> ?         2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec,
>                       except the frag-id which will move within
>                       media-type reg appendix.
> ?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: The Style
>                       property may constrain both input and output,
>                       however a particular style may constrain in only
>                       one direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
>                       (subsumed by LC21 resolution?)
> ?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
> ?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to call out the difference
> between
>                       WSDL 1.1 and 2.0 in respect to single interface
>                       per service, and indicate alternatives
> ?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to rewrite ONMR as Best practice.
> DONE [.3] 2005-03-10: Editors to check URI and schema references in
>                       Part 1.
> ?         2005-04-21: MTD editors to incorporate Larry's changes.
> ?         2005-04-22: Editors to add "When you want to describe a
>                       message that sends an endpoint reference, create
>                       an element that restricts wsdl:EndpointType and
>                       specifies a fixed value for the @binding
>                       attribute." (LC117)
> ?         2005-04-21: Editors Fix the "processor" language in 4.1.1,
>                       (LC75w)
> ?         2005-04-21: Editors to make sure that inline/embedded schema
>                       used consistently and defined. (LC116)
> ?         2005-04-21: Part 2 editors to define frag id extensions for
>                       soap:header, http:header, soap:module. (LC80)
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
> [.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
> [.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0070.html
> [.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0160.html
> [.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0134.html
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 4.  Administrivia
>   a. WS-Addressing LC review [.1, .2] ends May 11th.
>   b. Upcoming FTF dates:
>    - May 31 - June 1 Berlin
>      Registration [.2] Logistics [.3]
>   c. Pub status
>        (ready to publish Core, Adjuncts, Primer, and MTD next week?)
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-core-20050331/
> [.2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-soap-20050331/
> [.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/wsdf2fberlin5/
> [.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/jun-f2f.html
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 5.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
>   - LC121 Editorial: Ambiguous use of the terms "include" and "import"
>           (DBooth) [.3]
>   - LC122 Part 2 editorial issue: "binding" versus "binding extension"
>           (DBooth) [.4]
>   - LC123 Another part 1 typo (DBooth) [.5]
>   - LC124 Support of evolution of messages described in Schema 1.0
>           (Paul) [.6]
>   - LC125 Inconsistent Component Names (Arthur) [.7]
> 
>   - Proposal to refer 121, 122, 123 to the editors.
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
> [.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
> [.3]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-
> comments/2005Apr/0000
> .html
> [.4]
> httphttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-
> comments/2005Apr/
> 0002.html
> [.5]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-
> comments/2005Apr/0006
> .html
> [.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0081.html
> [.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0095.html
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 6.  Issue LC62b: issues with wsdl:endpoint@address (b) [.1]
>   - Hugo's proposal [.2]
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC62b
> [.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0160.html
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 7.  Issue LC125: Inconsistent Component Names [.1]
>   - Proposal [.2]
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC125
> [.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0095.html
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 8.  Issue LC71: default interface/operation/@pattern [.1]
>   - Some sentiment from FTF to close without action.
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC71
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 9.  Issue LC74b: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (b) [.1]
>   - Need a volunteer to investigate
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74b
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 10. Issue LC75c: Remove {safety} property [.1]
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75c
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 11. Issue LC75o: Remove "if any" from Table 2-13 [.1]
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75o
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 12. Issue LC75x: Complete or remove App D [.1]
>   - Need a volunteer to make a proposal
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75x
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 13. Proposals addressing formal objections.
>   - Operation Name Mapping (Sanjiva) [.1]
>   - F&P (Glen) [.2]
> 
> [.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0134.html
> [.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0069.html
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 14. Issue LC59d: Clarify wsdlLocation [.1]
>   - Awaiting action from Tom
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC59d
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 15. Issue LC74a: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (a) [.1]
>   - URI Style vs. IRI Style
>   - Awaiting action from Hugo
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74a
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 16. Issue LC117: Problem with Service References:
>                elementFormDefault="qualified" prevents restriction
> [.1]
>   - Awaiting actions from Jonathan, Umit.
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC117
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 17. Issue LC64: URI References for Schema Components [.1]
>   - Awaiting action from Arthur.
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC64
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 18. Issue LC74c: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (c) [.1]
>   - Awaiting action from Amy.
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74c
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 19. Issue LC84b:  [.1]
>   - Proposal (Hugo) [.2]
> 
> [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84b
> [.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0035.html
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> 20. Other issues as time allows.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Tuesday, 26 April 2005 21:10:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:35 GMT