Re: Contradictions regarding transitivity of wsdl:import

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:34:30 -0400
To: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: Roberto Chinnici <Roberto.Chinnici@Sun.COM>, "Yalcinalp, Umit" <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

Arthur,

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 21:41, Arthur Ryman wrote:
> . . .
> The rule for import is that if your document refers to another
> namespace, then you MUST import it, whether or not some document that
> you include already imports it. . . . .

I don't think that's correct.  I believe we're trying to make
wsdl:import work the same as xs:import, and having just re-read relevant
sections of the XML Schema spec, I think if A includes B and B imports
C, then components in C *are* available to A, as I explain in my reply
to Roberto:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0138.html

--
David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>