W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > April 2005

Agenda, 15 April 2005 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:56:12 -0700
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A5072CF54A@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Apr/0025.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Youenn Fablet, Umit Yalcinalp, Jean-Jacques Moreau, 
      Rebecca Bergersen, Hugo Haas, Anish Karmarkar, Jeff Mischkinsky,
      Charlton Barreto, Arthur Ryman, Asir Vedamuthu, Amy Lewis

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - April 7 telcon [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/att-0037/2005040
7-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?*        2004-11-09: DaveO will recast the @compatibleWith proposal 
                      using an extension namespace. (LC54),
                      due 2005-04-13.
?*        2004-11-10: Glen will post an e-mail describing the compromise
                      proposal on formal objections, due 2005-04-11. 
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal and email it 
                      to the list as a response to the objection, 
                      due ??. 
?*        2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the test suite for 
                      the purpose of interoperability testing, 
                      due 2005-04-13.
?*        2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text for
                      the editors (LC18), due 2005-04-13.
?         2005-02-17: Jacekk to help Bijan advance the RDF mapping work,
                      due ??. 
?*        2005-03-10: Bijan will look at item Editors to move App C to
                      RDF Mapping spec to see if it is still relavant, 
                      due 2005-04-13.
?*        2005-03-10: Marsh to troll minutes looking for more CR 
                      criteria, due 2005-04-13. 
RETIRED   2005-03-24: DaveO to query MS whether they would support part
                      of the HTTP binding if divided, due 2005-04-13. 
?*        2005-03-24: Roberto to draft proposal to split HTTP binding 
                      into 3 bindings, due 2005-04-13. 
?*        2005-03-31: Paul to raise issue for extensibility/versioning 
                      for wsdl using schema 1.0, due 2005-04-13. 
?*        2005-03-31: Marsh to take on (or recommend closing) Bijan's AI
                      to produce a component/property table via XSLT, 
                      due 2005-04-13. 
DONE [.6] 2005-03-31: Hugo to propose solution for multipart/related
                      69b, due 2005-04-13. 
DONE      2005-03-31: Marsh to look into Roberto's 75g proposal, 
                      due 2005-04-13. 
DONE [.8] 2005-03-31: Marsh to see about Berlin logistics, 
                      due 2005-04-07.
?*        2005-03-31: Kevin to fix editorial POST/GET and safety edits,
                      due 2005-04-13. 
?*        2005-03-31: Amy to propose text for schemaLocation that Arthur
                      will evaluate, due 2005-04-07. 
?*        2005-03-31: Arthur produces test cases for schemaLocation-less
                      imports, due 2005-04-07. 
DONE [.3] 2005-03-31: Arthur to propose LC80 solution, due 2005-04-13.
?*        2005-04-01: PaulD to make a proposal on the packaging of the
                      schema examples, due 2005-04-13. 
DONE [.4] 2005-04-01: Marsh to look at adjustments to the Memorial Day 
                      meeting schedule, due 2005-04-13. 
DONE [.5] 2005-04-01: Hugo to push forward discussion of daveo's 
                      proposal option #3 for LC77a, due 2005-04-08.

Outstanding editorial work:
HOLD      2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
                      The Style property may constrain both 
                      input and output, however a particular 
                      style may constrain in only one 
                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to call out the difference 
                      between WSDL 1.1 and 2.0 in respect to 
                      single interface per service, and 
                      indicate alternatives
?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to rewrite ONMR as Best 
                      practice.
? [.7]    2005-03-10: Editors to check URI and schema references in 
                      Part 1 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0056.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Apr/0020.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0050.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0049.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0036.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Apr/0013.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTF dates:
   - April 21-22, Mountain View (Microsoft)
     Registration [.1] Logistics [.2]
     Draft Agenda
     - Start with primer next steps
     - WSDL rong-range Schedule
     - Issues issues issues
   - May 30 - June 1 Berlin
     Registration [.3] Logistics [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/wsdwgf2f0504/
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/Logistics-2005-04-21.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/wsdf2fberlin5/
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/jun-f2f.html
    
------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - LC119 Misc Part 1 editorial issues (DBooth) [.3]
  - LC120 Contradictions regarding transitivity of import (DBooth) [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2005Apr/0000
.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0059.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Editorial issue resolutions
  - The following editorial issues have been addressed by the
    editors by accepting the comment.
    + LC5h
    + LC7
    + LC35
    + LC39
    + LC40
    + LC46
    + LC48a
    + LC48c
    + LC51
    + LC65
    + LC66
    + LC67
    + LC68
    + LC88
    + LC108
    + LC109
  - Motion to accept editors recommendations and close the above
    issues.
  - Motion to refer the following editorial issues to the editors for
    resolution.
    + LC93
    + LC95
    + LC97
    + LC112
    + LC119
  - Is LC113 correctly classified as 'clarification'?  [.1, .2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Mar/0043.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Apr/0014.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Media Type Description issues [.1]
  - Larry's response to Issue 268 [.2]
  - Joe Fialli has three comments [.3]
  - I18N re-review [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#detailList
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Mar/0063.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Mar/0017.html
[.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Mar/0015.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC77a: Namespaced elements and urlformencoded [.1]
  - "Serialization as 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' does
    not ... explain how namespaced elements are to be serialized."
  - Option 1: Status quo (broken?) (DaveO) [.2]
  - Option 2: Ignore namespace prefix (DaveO) [.2]
  - Option 3: Serialize QName (DaveO) [.2]
  - Option 4: Disallow qualified elements (Asir) [.3]
  - Option 5: Serialize namespace names (Hugo) [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC77a
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0005.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0032.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0050.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC99: Message Reference Component is Underspecified [.1]
  - Proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC99
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Mar/0115.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC74a: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (a) [.1]
  - URI vs. IRI
  - Proposal [.2]
  - xs:anyURI issue? (Asir) [.3]
  - Amended proposal (Jonathan) [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74a
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0044.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0054.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0057.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC80: Extension Components are not Described [.1]
  - Proposal (Arthur) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC80
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0056.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC69b: XForms comments on (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 3: 
                 Bindings (b) [.1]
  - XForms supports "multpart/related", WSDL doesn't mention it.
  - Proposal (Hugo) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC69b
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0049.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC75g: RPC should allow element wildcards [.1]
  - Proposal (Roberto) [.2]
 
[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75g 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Mar/0038.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC84b:  [.1]
  - Proposal (Hugo) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84b
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0035.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue LC54: WSDL Last Call issue
  - Awaiting DaveO's further action to cast @compatibleWith as an
    extension

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC54

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC74: Idle question [.1]
  - Can WSDL 2.0 import WSDL 1.0?
  - Note that the resolution to LC5e [.2] defines WSDL Document as 
    WSDL 2.0 namespace.
  - Options:
    a) No.  Spec (with LC5e resolution) is clear enough.
    b) No.  Specifically note that i*ing 1.1 docs is not supported.
    c) Yes.  Change spec to define that this is possible, though
       how to turn a WSDL 1.1 doc into WSDL 2.0 components is not
       defined.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC74
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC5e
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC75w: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (w) [.1]
  - Relax requirement that include href must be dereferencable.

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75w

------------------------------------------------------------------
Received on Wednesday, 13 April 2005 18:56:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:35 GMT