W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > April 2005

Agenda, 7 April 2005 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:56:55 -0700
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A5071774E2@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Apr/0007.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Youenn Fablet, Umit Yalcinalp, Paul Downey, 
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Rebecca Bergersen, Hugo Haas, 
      Anish Karmarkar, Jeff Mischkinsky

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Mar 31 telcon [.1]  Belated regrets from Sanjiva and Umit.

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Mar/att-0116/2005033
1-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-11-09: DaveO will recast the @compatibleWith proposal 
                      using an extension namespace. (LC54),
                      due 2005-04-13. 
?         2004-11-10: Glen will post an e-mail describing the compromise

                      proposal on formal objections, due ??. 
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal and email it 
                      to the list as a response to the objection, 
                      due ??. 
?*        2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the test suite for 
                      the purpose of interoperability testing, 
                      due 2005-04-07. 
?         2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text for
                      the editors (LC18), due ??. 
?         2005-02-17: Jacekk to help Bijan advance the RDF mapping work,
                      due ??. 
?         2005-03-10: Bijan will look at item Editors to move App C to
                      RDF Mapping spec to see if it is still relavant, 
                      due ??. 
?         2005-03-10: Marsh to troll minutes looking for more CR 
                      criteria, due 2005-04-13. 
DONE [.4] 2005-03-24: DaveO to dig up his old proposal for URL-encoding 
                      namespaces, for Issue LC77a: Namespaced 
                      elements and urlformencoded, due 2005-04-13. 
DONE [.5] 2005-03-24: DaveO to propose text for Issue LC47: describing
                      the HTTP error text for faults, due 2005-04-13. 
?         2005-03-24: DaveO to query MS whether they would support part
                      of the HTTP binding if divided, due 2005-04-13. 
?         2005-03-24: Roberto to draft proposal to split HTTP binding 
                      into 3 bindings, due 2005-04-13. 
?         2005-03-31: Paul to raise issue for extensibility/versioning 
                      for wsdl using schema 1.0, due 2005-04-13. 
?         2005-03-31: Marsh to take on (or recommend closing) Bijan's AI

                      to produce a component/property table via XSLT, 
                      due 2005-04-13. 
?         2005-03-31: Hugo to propose solution for multipart/related
                      69b, due 2005-04-13. 
?*        2005-03-31: Marsh to look into Roberto's 75g proposal, 
                      due 2005-04-07. 
?*        2005-03-31: Marsh to see about Berlin logistics, 
                      due 2005-04-07. 
?*        2005-03-31: Paul will respond to Primer Issue 107, 
                      due 2005-04-07. 
DONE      2005-03-31: Marsh to inquire about Glen and 7.2 for primer, 
                      due 2005-04-07. 
?*        2005-03-31: Kevin to fix editorial POST/GET and safety edits,
                      due 2005-04-07. 
DONE [.6] 2005-03-31: Arthur to move section 8 to front and issue 
                      is editorial, due 2005-04-07. 
?*        2005-03-31: Amy to propose text for schemaLocation that Arthur

                      will evaluate, due 2005-04-07. 
?*        2005-03-31: Arthur produces test cases for schemaLocation-less

                      imports, due 2005-04-07. 
DONE [.3] 2005-03-31: Hugo will send to list the history and discuss 
                      alignment issue with RFC 2396 (LC69a), 
                      due 2005-04-07. 
?         2005-03-31: Arthur to propose LC80 solution, due 2005-04-13.

Outstanding editorial work:
HOLD      2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
                      which talks about the syntax.
?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
                      The Style property may constrain both 
                      input and output, however a particular 
                      style may constrain in only one 
                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
?         2005-01-13: Part 1 Editors to incorporate the text 
                      at 2004Dec/0022.html.
?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to call out the difference 
                      between WSDL 1.1 and 2.0 in respect to 
                      single interface per service, and 
                      indicate alternatives
?         2005-01-19: Part 1 Editors to rewrite ONMR as Best 
                      practice.
?         2005-03-10: Editors to check URI and schema references in 
                      Part 1 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0002.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0005.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0007.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Mar/0046.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTF dates:
   - April 21-22, Mountain View (Microsoft)
     Registration [.1] Logistics [.2]
   - May 30 - June 1 Berlin

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/wsdwgf2f0504/
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/Logistics-2005-04-21.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Primer [.1]
 - Status update on the following primer sections:
   DONE Section 7.2 Features and Properties (Glen)
   DONE Section 7.5 Versioning and Service Equivalency (Paul)
   ?    Section 7.8 Operation Style and RPC (Umit)
   ?    Section 7.12 XML Schema Examples  (Paul)
 - Next steps?

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-primer.ht
ml

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Media Type Description issues [.1]
  - Larry's response to Issue 268 [.2]
  - Joe Fialli has three comments [.3]
  - I18N re-review [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#detailList
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Mar/0063.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Mar/0017.html
[.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2005Mar/0015.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - RPC Style Issue (Umit) [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Mar/0104.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Issue LC47: Issue: describing the HTTP error text for faults [.1]
 - "When binding a fault to the HTTP protocol, we need to be able 
   to specify the error text in addition to the HTTP status code."
 - Proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC47
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0007.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC69a: XForms comments on (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 3: 
                 Bindings (a) [.1]
  - Original Proposal [.2]
  - Hugo's action [.3]
  - Updated proposal [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC69a
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Mar/0107.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0002.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0013.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC77a: Namespaced elements and urlformencoded [.1]
  - "Serialization as 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' does
    not ... explain how namespaced elements are to be serialized."
  - Proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC77a
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0005.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC99: Message Reference Component is Underspecified [.1]
  - Proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC99
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Mar/0115.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC84b:  [.1]
  - Hugo's draft proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84b
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0035.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC69b: XForms comments on (WSDL) Version 2.0 Part 3: 
                 Bindings (b) [.1]
  - XForms supports "multpart/related", WSDL doesn't mention it.
  - Waiting for text from DaveO.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC69b

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC80: Extension Components are not Described [.1]
  - Waiting for proposal from Arthur

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC80

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue LC54: WSDL Last Call issue
  - Awaiting DaveO's further action to cast @compatibleWith as an
    extension

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC54

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC74: Idle question [.1]
  - Can WSDL 2.0 import WSDL 1.0?
  - Note that the resolution to LC5e [.2] defines WSDL Document as 
    WSDL 2.0 namespace.
  - Options:
    a) No.  Spec (with LC5e resolution) is clear enough.
    b) No.  Specifically note that i*ing 1.1 docs is not supported.
    c) Yes.  Change spec to define that this is possible, though
       how to turn a WSDL 1.1 doc into WSDL 2.0 components is not
       defined.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC74
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC5e
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC75w: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (w) [.1]
  - Relax requirement that include href must be dereferencable.

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75w

------------------------------------------------------------------
Received on Thursday, 7 April 2005 00:56:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:35 GMT