LC10: element names for defaults

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:12:05 +0200
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
All,

In preparation for discussing LC10 in today's call, I have noticed
that we are inconsistent in our naming of elements for default values.

Frank Ellerman points out at [1]:

> In 3,2 you say "whttp:methodDefault", but later you use
> "whttp:defaultMethod" (3.3 and 3.5.3).

Putting this one aside, we also have:
- wsoap:mepDefault
- whttp:defaultTransferCoding

I guess that the typo Frank is reporting reflects this lack of
consistency. It would be good if we were using the same convention in
all the bindings: wbinding:fooDefault or wbinding:defaultFoo. I have a
very slight preference for the former FWIW.

Regards,

Hugo

  1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Sep/0006
--