W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > September 2004

Agenda, 9 September 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:22:58 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA204D107BA@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Sep/0013.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Umit Yalcinalp, Jerry Thrasher, Bijan Parsia,
      Roberto Chinnici, Amy Lewis, Youenn Fablet, 
      Sanjiva Weerawarana, Arthur Ryman, Kevin Liu

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Sept 2 [.1] 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0003.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].

?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-08-02: Anish to write up some examples and add 
                      them to the spec
?         2004-08-02: Editors to make a change to section of 2.2 
                      of the media type doc to reflect that 
                      the meaning (not just the value space) 
                      of the expected media type is the same 
                      as the accept header.
DONE [.2] 2004-08-02: Marsh to update Req doc to deprecate 
                      intermediaries requirement.
?         2004-08-03: Glen to send a message about the mediaType 
                      annotation (attribute/appInfo) to 
                      soapbuilders.
?         2004-08-04: Jonathan to check the policy with AB 
                      and team and perhaps set 
                      up a ML for testing.
?         2004-08-04: Arthur and Jonathan to produce a mockup 
                      of Z in the spec for next FTF.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/requirements/ws-des
c-reqs.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - September 14-16 (Toronto) registration [.1], logistics [.2]
       Dinner [.3].
       Draft agenda (forthcoming) contains:
       - Wading through lots of last call issues.
       - RDF Mapping update
       - Primer update
       - SOAP 1.1 binding (as possible in Asir's absence)
       - Media type description note update, vote to move to last call?
       - Zed notation update.
     - November 9-11 (Sunnyvale, CA) registration .4], logistics [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/WSD0409/
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-09-f2f.htm
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Sep/0014.html 
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/WSD0411/
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-11-f2f.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New (non-LC) Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - none

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.h
tml

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - LC9: How does the Operation Name Mapping Requirement relate to 
    interface inheritance? (Tim Ewald) [.3]
  - LC10: Two typos in Bindings (Frank Ellermann) [.4]
  - LC?: binding/operation/infault|outfault? [.5]
  - Note: webMethod LC issues to be processed [.6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0005.html
[.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Sep/0006
.html
[.5]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Sep/0008
.html
[.6]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Aug/

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Media Type Description [.1] Last Call status
  - Issue 198 resolution? (MarkN) [.2, .3]
  - To do:
    - complete all edits (note that AIs above are insufficient).
    - notify XMLP WG
    - prepare for Last Call

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/media-types/xml-media-t
ypes.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Aug/0008.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Aug/0014.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC7: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, Editorial
    issues [.1]
  - Initial mail [.2]
  - Propose referring to editors

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC7
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Aug/0002
.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC10: Two typos in Bindings [.1]
  - Initial mail [.2]
  - Propose referring to editors

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC10
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Sep/0006
.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC5d-LC5l: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, Editorial comments
[.1]
  - Initial mail [.2]
  - DBooth friendly amendment to LC5g [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC5
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Aug/0000
.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Aug/0017
.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC6: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, Technical comments [.1]
  - Initial mail [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC6
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Aug/0001
.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC8: Permit URI References instead of URIs (DBooth, Part 1)
    [.1]
  - Initial mail [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC8
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Aug/0021
.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC9: How does the Operation Name Mapping Requirement relate 
    to interface inheritance? [.1]
  - Initial mail [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC9
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0005.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hold for future meetings
------------------------------------------------------------------
14. @compatibleWith proposal (DaveO)
  - Discussed at FTF [.1], with no resolution
  - DaveO to post slides or proposal summary?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Aug/0056.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. SOAP 1.1 Binding
  - First draft [.1]
  - Modified Part 3 with soap:version [.2]
  - Modified Schema for SOAP in WSDL 2.0 [.3]
  
[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-soap11-bi
nding.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/mod-wsdl20-bindi
ngs.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/mod-wsdl20-soap.
xsd

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html
Received on Wednesday, 8 September 2004 19:23:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:32 GMT