Raising an ugly issue again

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne@manes.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:59:00 -0400
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

I apologize in advance for raising this ugly issue again. Perhaps I just
don't understand the model well enough, and maybe you can explain it to me,
but I'm really concerned about the "one interface per service" constraint.

The SOA architecture requires that a web service expose multiple interfaces:
- its functional interface
- a management interface (WSDM, WS-Management, etc)
- a metadata discovery interface (WS-MetadataExchange, etc)
- an interactive interface (WSRP, etc)
- potentially others

I have clients that also require that a web service support versioning, in
which case the service will expose multiple versions of its functional
interface.

How does WSDL 2.0 support these basic SOA requirements if a service
definition is constrained such that it implements at most one interface?

Thanks,
Anne