RE: Idle question

The xs:import element does two things.

1.	It signals that the schema containing the import uses components
from a namespace other than the target namespace of the containing
schema.
2.	If there is a schemaLocation, it indicates where one can
retrieve a resource containing such components.

Regarding the latter, the result of retrieving such a resource on the
WWW must be an xs:schema element (although there is no requirement that
the root element of the retrieved resource be an xs:schema ). See
section 4.3 of Schema Part 1[1]

xs:include is similar.

To me, if I wsdl20:include or wsdl20:import a resource that does not
result in a wsdl20:definitions element (either as the root element or
such an element identified by fragid ) then at best I get no components
and at worst it's an error.

Gudge

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-1-20010502/#composition-instance