Re: Summary, 9-11 Nov 2004 WS Description WG FTF: two objections

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:47:35 +0600
To: "Amelia A Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

"Amelia A Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com> writes:

> Recognition, in the WSDL 2.0 specification, that protocols other than
> HTTP, based on networking paradigms other than client/server, are within
> the capabilities and design intent of WSDL 2.0.

OK.

> I don't think that TIBCO is the only company hoping for such a clearly
> marked capability, not even the only WG participant hoping so.

Of course; IBM too cares that SOAP/<whatever> as well as other bindings
are indeed quite possible in WSDL for MEPs that are in-spec as well
as not in-spec.

I'm not so sure that giving a URI and writing a few sentences achieves
that however. I would much prefer to see an example in the primer
going the whole nine yards: define a MEP, provide a binding and discuss
how it works. That seems a hell of a lot more complete and convincing
than our just taking the baby step of coming up with a URI!