Re: Summary, 9-11 Nov 2004 WS Description WG FTF: two objections

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:16:47 -0500
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:42:50 +0600
Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com> wrote:
> Amy, I'm at a loss to understand what TIBCO would lose if TIBCO
> were to define the MEP URI too when they publish the binding.

Recognition, in the WSDL 2.0 specification, that protocols other than
HTTP, based on networking paradigms other than client/server, are within
the capabilities and design intent of WSDL 2.0.

I don't think that TIBCO is the only company hoping for such a clearly
marked capability, not even the only WG participant hoping so.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis
Senior Architect