Wording on targetNamespace document

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:35:12 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

I just noticed that the wording in section 2.1.1 about the targetNamespace
document would (inadvertently?) prohibit two logical WSDL documents[1] from
defining the same service.  I assume this wording was unintentional, since
there was a significant thread[2] about whether we should try to make this
this prohibition, and the WG did not decide to do so.

I suggest fixing this with the following wording changes.  In the existing
section 2.1.1 sentence:
If the service description is split into multiple documents (which may be
combined as needed via 4.1 Including Descriptions), then the
targetNamespace attribute information item  SHOULD resolve to a master
document which includes all the WSDL documents for that namespace.

Simply change:
s/If the service/If a service/
s/for that namespace./needed for that service description./

1. For explanation of "logical WSDL document" see:
2. Thread on "Two logical WSDL documents describing the same service":

David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard
Telephone: +1.617.253.1273