Re: Processor conformance: fault on non-conformant input

Here is a use case I have. What if the binding was both not used and
illegally formed because the user made typing errors and the user
expects that the tool (the WSDL processor) would parse and flag such
conditions so that the user can fix it. On the other hand the user
downloaded a WSDL from a registry and would like to work with it and
does not care about certain parts of the WSDL that meet the above
criteria and would like the processor not to fault on the unused binding
parts.  Here IMO we should not require that the processor faults but
allow it to fault. This behavior should be driven by the user preference
rather than from a flat ruling from the spec, IMO. That is, don't put a
MUST or MUST NOT fail :)

I know this conflicts with a clean conformance spec on the processor
goal but, usability has more importance here IMO.

I think I am agreeing with Jacek here ..

Regards, Prasad