Re: Normative vs Non-normative Notes (was Re: Other suggested editorial changes)

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:08:48 -0500
To: Umit Yalcinalp <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>
Cc: Roberto Chinnici <Roberto.Chinnici@Sun.COM>, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, Jean-Jacques Moreau <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>, Jeffrey Schlimmer <jeffsch@windows.microsoft.com>, www-ws-desc@w3.org

I checked over all 7 Notes that currently exist in our Part1 text, and it
seems clear to me that some (or some parts) were intended to be normative
but others not, as I detailed in

I do see this as largely an editorial or presentational issue, because as
Sanjiva mentioned, I'm not trying to *change* the intended normative status
of anything, I'm just trying to our document is clear and consistent about
which status each statement is supposed to have.

David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard
Telephone: +1.617.253.1273