FW: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:01:31 -0700
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Umit wrote:
> All I want for Xmas is the marker in my WSDL to require services that
are > users of such mechanisms to explicitly declare what they really
rely on.

We provide facilities to mark features and extension elements as
required for just this purpose.  Specifically, services which demand
that clients use WS-Addressing or WS-MD for proper operation would
presumably have to indicate this requirement in the WSDL through a
required feature or wsdl:required="true".  Isn't this adequate?