Re: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

From: Umit Yalcinalp <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 09:39:46 -0700
To: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: WS Description List <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>"Umit Yalcinalp" <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com> writes:
>

>>Since there are different ways to implement the abstract OperationName
>>feature as stated above, this specification requires a unique means of
>>identifying the operation name via the Property value. The value MUST
>>be the fragment identifier that signifies the specific operation
>>engaged and MUST be made available in an interaction. (See Section C.2
>>Fragment Identifiers)
>>

>I'm afraid I don't understand this paragraph either. What fragment
>IDs are you talking about?
>
>Sanjiva.

There is a way to indicate the operations by using fragment ids by using
XPath definition we specify in Section C.2 of the WSDL spec.
I proposed that the value of the property is to be the fragment
identifier of the operation, because this is inambiguous as the value
will be the same regardless of the extension/feature engaged. The
fragment identified defn includes the interface and the operation
together and we don't have to invent new syntax.

--umit

--
Umit Yalcinalp
Consulting Member of Technical Staff