W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > July 2004

[Draft] Agenda, 8 July 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:36:44 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA20423D2EC@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[We'll go for 2 hours again.  Even at that, there will be minimal time
for discussion of each proposal (even the big ones).  Please make your
viewpoint or friendly amendment known via email and be prepared for
up/down decisions on the proposals.]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] 
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Adi Sakala, Umit Yalcinalp, Igor Sedukhin, Dale Moberg, 
      Paul Downey, Hugo Haas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - July 1 [.1] 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0257.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to include in the primer an example 
                      that uses MTOM.  (Issue 72) 
?ED       2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate Hugo's full potato 
                      proposal.  (Issue 54)
?ED       2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                      include discussion of how to generate an 
                      accepts header from schema annotations 
                      conformant to the media types extension 
                      document, and to use outputSerialization 
                      based on that information.  
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to add ednotes to the spec to 
                      indicate areas that had contention.  (Issue 
                      190)
?         2004-05-21: DaveO to write up a scenario to motivate path
                      creation on a per-operation basis.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-27: Editors to add http:faultSerialization 
                      attribute.
?         2004-05-27: DaveO will write up better description of 
                      this issue (189).
?ED       2004-06-10: Editors should correct issues 208, 213, 
                      215, come back to WG if there are any 
                      questions.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editor action to check that multiple style 
                      values are allowed.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to adopt Mark's proposal for 216, but 
                      reword using MUST.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate editorial fix addressing 
                      issue 222.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate proposed resolution for 
                      223 and 224.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate David Booth's clarification
                      in section 8.3 about what required means on MTOM
                      feature.
?         2004-06-24: David O will update his proposal for adding 
                      async capability.
SEE [.3]  2004-06-24: [Roberto] to synchronize specs, schema, 
                      pseudo-schema on where f&p can appear.
?ED       2004-06-24: Editors to incorporate Jonathan's resolution 
                      to issue 160. 
?ED       2004-06-24: Editors to fix media-type reg frag id link, 
                      per 209.
?         2004-07-01: JMarsh to explore Nov 10-12.
DONE [.2] 2004-07-01: DBooth to provide a sample (<x-specref>?)
?ED       2004-07-01: Editors to add cross-references for component
                      properties, per DBooth's example.
?ED       2004-07-01: Editors to add note pointing out that our SOAP 
                      binding only allows a single element in the 
                      body.
?         2004-07-01: Umit to write up a proposal on 168 by weekend.
?         2004-07-01: JMarsh to contact DaveO on whether issue 195 is 
                      on composition model or on developing a language.
?ED       2004-07-01: DBooth to add sentence in the primer (per issue 
                      197) saying that the scoping rules for 
                      requiredness allow the value of the @required 
                      attribute to be changed, and therefore the 
                      writer should consider whether it is wise to 
                      change a value that was set elsewhere by someone 
                      else.
?ED       2004-07-01: Editors to incorporate Mark's proposals 
                      2004Jun/0195.html and 2004Jun/0199.html, and 
                      a reference to the charmod (Issue 210)
?         2004-07-01: Mark to reword his proposal on 211 to make it 
                      more readable.
?ED       2004-07-01: Editors to incorporate solution proposed in
                      2004Jun/0276.html including Mark's amendment, 
                      plus note that errors are an open set. 
                      (Issue 218)
?ED       2004-07-01: Editors to include or import defn of "actual 
                      value" from XML Schema. (Issue 219)
?         2004-07-01: MarkN to start a thread on 220 with the intent 
                      to get a proposal by next week.
?ED       2004-07-01: Editors to incorporate Mark's proposal #1, with 
                      ed license (see Roberto's suggestion) (Issue 
                      225).
?         2004-07-01: MarkN to investigate type wording, to ensure 
                      non-infoset type systems are allowed in 
                      <types>  (Issue 225 part 2).

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0018.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0014.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.1], registration [.2].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.3]
     - November (West Coast) 8-10 webMethods Sunnyvale, CA.
  b. WSDL 2.0 Last Call game plan [.5]
     - 2 hour telcons again next week.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0109.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0108.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - consistent placement of <feature> and <property> (Sanjiva) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0267.html


------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Editorial issues:
  - In the hands of the editors:
    208 Misc. editorial comments 
    213 Refine component model property constraints 
    215 Clarify rule obviation
  - Proposed to go directly to editors without further discussion:
    227 Description of Binding Operation component
    235 Definition of Fault 
    231 Clarify "patterns" 
    232 Differentiate our MEPs from underlying protocol MEPs
    234 Ruleset terminology
    226 Cross-binding HTTP features

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 177: Normative dependence on XML Schema 1.0 precludes 
               XML 1.1 [.1]
  - Concrete proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x177
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0258.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 228: Should f&p be allowed in more places? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x228

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 195: Property value merging [.1]
  - We have a property composition model [.2]
  - We don't have a language that helps navigate properties [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x195
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html?cont
ent-type=text/html%3B0charset=utf-8#Property_composition_model
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0040.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 112: New headers/body style? [.1]
  - AD feature proposal (Dave, Glen, Yaron) [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x112
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0225.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 158: Setting HTTP headers in the HTTP binding [.1]
  - Postpone? (DaveO, Glen to champion)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x158

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 225: Non-XML type system extensibility. [.1]
  - Mark's revised proposals [.2]
  - Roberto's preferred text [.3] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x225
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0174.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0169.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 230: {label} vs. {message label} [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x230

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 220: Document interface extension semantics [.1]
  - 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x220

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 233: Dynamically override Fault destination? [.1]
  - 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x220

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 168: Which operation [.1]
  - DBooth revived the thread at [.2]
  - Analysis at [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x168
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0112.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0300.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. webMethod issues:
  - Issue 169: Syntax for webMethod - property or attribute? [.1]
  - Issue 229: useOperationWebMethod proposal [.2]
  - DaveO's proposal [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x169
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x229
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0288.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue 189: Binding message content to URI [.1]
  - Awaiting issue explanation from DaveO.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189

------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - WG in favor of adding such a MEP, with some expressing a desire
    that this be as lightweight as possible.
  - Revived proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0287.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue 135: WSDL Specification readability (editorial) [.1]
  - Proposed resolution from Yaron [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x135
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0059.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
22. Issue 211: Omit interface message in binding? [.1]
  - Mark's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x211
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0194.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Next steps
  - Closing issues list on Parts 1, 2, 3 except to editorial issues.
  - Email votes on any outstanding items?
  - Last Call Schedule:
    - July 15th (90 min telcon):
        Editors complete editorial work for WG review.
        Disposition of any outstanding editorial issues
    - July 22nd (90 min or less telcon):
        Approval of Last Call drafts.
    - July 26th (aka May 87th) WSDL 2.0 Last Call publication.
    - July 29th (no telcon)
Received on Friday, 2 July 2004 18:41:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:31 GMT