Re: 2004-02-12 Action Item: Clarification to the OperationName feature

On Feb 23, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Umit Yalcinalp wrote:
[snip]
>  Given an interface there may be more than one exchange that uses the
> same message structure. When an endpoint receive a message, it is NOT
> obvious which message exchange it belongs to since the current WSDL
> design does not convey an identifier of the exchange in the exchange
> itself.

Just trying to understand....Is this what you mean?

I have operation Foo and Bar and they both have the same initial in
message (same type, etc.)? All the subsequent messages might be
distinguished by whatever correlation mechanism one has.

Or do you mean that two message exchanges with the same pattern and
same types for all the messages (and the same
endpoint/binding/whatever) should nevertheless be distinguishable (by
"operation")?

The former seems quite plausible. The latter seems to require actually
distinguishing the messages :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.