Re: Version attribute for WSDL

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:09:19 -0500
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, <vbp@hp.com>, <pyendluri@webmethods.com>
To: <paul.downey@bt.com>

On Feb 20, 2004, at 8:53 AM, <paul.downey@bt.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I'm unconvinced about using a naming convention to indicate
> relationship between versions (because of branching and other
> problems) and think Bijan's suggestion to use a RDF/XML vocabulary
> such as Dublin Core

I still owe a message about this, and will try to get it out today,
though it's rather hectic. Technically, though, the Dublin Core
Metadata Element set is *not* specifically an RDF vocabulary. It
predates it, and has an "official" pure XML means of expression (though
it's a bit icky, IMHO). It also is commonly encoded in HTML meta tags.

I think it's a great idea to provide *some* sort of social hook to help
with all this. A strong hint from this group could be helpful.

>  sounds very promising, as does your suggestion of an external
> management framework.
[snip]

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.